Welcome to It's All About Michelle!

This will be about what I'm doing, what I'm thinking & where I'm going...probably some other stuff too.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hats!!!

So, back in August, I was looking for some easy projects to do on vacation. I started with this baby hat. Then I needed something to do with the hat and found this project:

These hats went to Colorado for Keep a Kid Warm. You'll notice the original hat center front row of this picture. Then I got to thinking...It's cold in Colorado & the kids there probably really need hats, but it gets chilly here to & there are probably some kids who could use some hats. So...

Here is the first group of hats completed for local kids. I will probably donate these hats to CPS for distribution...they know where to find the kids who will need them. I'm making hats for infants up through teen.

Here's the second group of hats I've finished. I've actually got 17 & 1/4 finished, but only pictures of the first 14. When I get the next 6 finished & have 20 I'll take another picture. At 20 hats I'll get hold of CPS about delivering them & see if there would be a need for more. Some of these patterns make up really quick, some of the yarn has been bought for $1 a skein, the rest bought w/40-50% off coupons from JoAnns, so it's not been expensive to make them.


Anyone want to join me in making some hats for kids...it doesn't have to be around here in Coos County, there's likely a need anywhere you live.







No comments:

Post a Comment